Thursday 2 August 2007

Kate Bush - Sunset




Okay just got an email from the beloved brother, Manu over at Masalai in response to the featured video of the week of Kate Bush's track off her Aerial album, Sunset.





Email from Manu:

Hey Sofia,

How you been, just wanted to tell you that I’ve been
listening to that Kate Bush track on your blog over and over again. It’s so
soothing and calming. Thanks for that. When are you coming back, just asking
so
I can remind you that I want to get allot of music off you.

You
don’t have that Kate Bush song on in an album by any
chance???

Your
Bro
Manu


I replied:


I first heard that song about two weeks ago. I was watching FTV and
there was a tribute to Gianni Versace and they were playing this song in the
background and all I could gather was "sky of honey" in the lyrics and with
those magic words I googled it and found out the song title, artist....da da da.
It was released a few years ago on Kate Bush's long-awaited album, Aerial after
about a twelve year absence from recording. Whenever I hear it, I'm in total awe
of how life is truly beautiful and special. Despite all the
bullshit you go through in a day's work, you still have the
opportunity to witness nature unfolding and sharing one of its secrets
that only appears before dusk.
I wish I was at home, sitting on
the friendly French neighbour's driveway (who despite my obvious trespass still
smiles whenever he drives into his house) and silently observing the boats
and ships in the harbour, the traffic chaos in town as people scram in an effort
to complete the last tasks for the day before they go home...oh how I wish I was
sitting on Davetari Drive right now. Instead, I'm sitting here in
the cold, with NO PROPER SUNSET in sight, but STILL GLAD TO BE
ALIVE!
note: I've attached 'Sunset' mp3 in this email.
Enjoy!
Love
me!

For any fans of Kate Bush or just plain curious readers, download the mp3 shown below by right-clicking and selecting Save Target As on the drop down menu that appears.


Kate Bush - Sunset mp3

2 comments:

  1. Awwhhh, thanks Spwof! Yes indeed I love the track so much I've gone even further to stick it on my phone to listen to it when I'm driving to work.

    (thanks for the shout out!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Spowf,

    I was searching to find a website where I could download the Kate Bush song Sunset for free, but so far I've failed. Until I stumbled upon your blog, where you've attached the song at some point. Unfortunately, I couldn't download it as it doesn't seem to work anymore.

    Could you perhaps send the mp3 to me if possible? It would be really awesome, as it is one of my favourite songs and I wanted to share it with a friend of mine.

    Thanks in advance,

    Elliot

    ReplyDelete

Do you agree, disagree or want to rant?

Then leave a comment!