Saturday 11 August 2007

I saw a UFO and nobody believes me

Think stiff beats, thick bass lines, lush melodies, haunting vocals, rolling
guitar licks and urban tales of love and loss. It is part-melancholic beauty
but
for the most part, it's party mayhem...

(courtesy of Sneaky Sound System's myspace)



I just saw Sneaky Sound System live!

It was great! The sound audio guys could've done a bit better with organising the audio stuff better so that the vocals came out clearer (i'm not sure of the technicalities) but either way, it didn't matter because everyone knew the lyrics anyways.

I didn't have my camera with me but my friends did so when I get a chance to, I will post some cool pictures of them including sassy pics of Miss Connie Mitchell up!


True to any other great performances (ie where the audience gets what they want), the trio ended and exited the stage much to the surprise of their fans without singing their hit, UFO. When they did, MC Double D carried a banner with the words "I believe in you" when he exited. They came back on for an encore, after the audience chanted for "UFO" and then Black Angus said upon returning "This is for all of those that believed". The crowd when crazy, when the intro for UFO started!




My favourite song they performed live would've had to be 'Goodbye' because ... ahm, doesn't Connie's vocals just BRING IT! It gives me so much hope now as I look forward to Thursday, October 11th when Paul van Dyk plays at the Family!



"Woop Woop, when you run come around cos I know you're the talk of the town yeah" (R.I.P Natasja).
p.s. MC Double D has a new admirer! Ahah

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great time!

    yeah can't say i am an admirer but my cousin was in love with them...i remember going to good vibes two years ago when no one really knew them and getting dragged to their set by said cousin where basically we and about 10 others made up the entire dancing audience. fast forward a few months and their gigs were getting sold-out, wack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Sof...thanks 4 hitting up my blog and yeah I'll keep u posted.
    lol @ trying to respect people's personal space...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spwof, I think I've been in love for 2 months now since I saw Miss Connie on a YouTube video of "I saw a UFO" can you plis track her down and make her your 'tambu'....please please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manu, ...mi dai...mi dai! Ahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Do you agree, disagree or want to rant?

Then leave a comment!