Monday 25 June 2007

Winter Racing Carnival

Just got fresh pictures that were taken a couple of weeks ago at the Queensland Oaks' Day (Ladies Day). I really wanted to go because TV Rock were performing live after the races.



I wasn't going to watch the horses because I am NOT A GAMBLER. I spread the word around my friends and Zanthea (aka Zee) was keen. Got very excited but the excitement subdued and literally died when I did some research and found out from the Queensland Turf Club's website that:

(Under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult exercising parental supervision).

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH. Okay, don't panic...think of someone really hard that you know that is over eighteen and will do anything for you....ANSWER: ALEX KALINOE. Made a quick call and all was settled.

Saturday June 2

Woke up early but procrastinated for two hours in bed. Called Alex at 9.45am and asked where she was: almost in the city. Oh $h!t. I did the 'it's okay, I'll be there in no time' attitude and procrastinated some more. Received a text message: 'I'm in the city, let me know when you get in'...I replied: "Don't worry, take your time...I'm still straightening my hair". Half an hour later, I discovered that the zipper on my dress had decided to end its life and not fulfil its purpose - okay, no time to moan and cry - it can be fixed. I then made a mental note to grab a few safety pins when I got into the city. Threw a pair of jeans, boots and jumper on and hopped into a cab and headed directly for the city. Met Alex at Pig N Whistle. She was all glamed up and looked puzzled when she saw how casual I dressed. Lol. I reassured her that I was going to be ready in less than half an hour: first I needed some safety pins, chicken fillets (substitute for strapless bra: ugly silicone 'fake breasts' that push your ahems up) and a quick dash to the Hilton bathrooms to change.

2.30 p.m. Four and a half hours later, I was finally dressed - thankfully, got the safety pins to sit perfectly without protruding out my back, and hailed a cab. "So where are we off to ladies". In a chorus, we both replied: "Eagle Farm Racecourse pleeeeeeeeeease!"

25-06-2007 12;53;56pm

eagle farm

horse eleven

zee and sof

100_0495[1]

Thanks for an awesome day Lexy. I know you had fun too burning the grass in your Wittner heels to hits like 'Flaunt it' and 'Smack my bitch up'...good times!





zee and i at the races2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, disagree or want to rant?

Then leave a comment!