Monday 18 June 2007

Failure to launch into stress mode

Exams are coming up. To be quite frank, I do not feel any sense of urgency. I feel like the past six months have been more like trial months personally as a uni student. Life outside of high school is nothing like boarding school - people don't get paid to do your laundry, travelling to campus is no longer a walk across the street, there isn't a familiar voice that cranks over the PA system at seven in the morning to remind you that a new day has begun and it is time to wake up. Uni life involves a great deal of self-motivation and discipline. The 'D' word. Discipline. Something I lack greatly at my age. But fortunately, something I have been able to identify and label as an issue. I'm getting to know my weaknesses. It's assuring to know that I am not being absolutely arrogant of how I am living my life and that my conscience hasn't totally left me. Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there sistah! Nice to see you got a blog goin on...cool cool..yeah...so how's my girlfriend been has she been behaving?

    And how have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girlfriend is going to Vanuatu in a couple of days for a two and a half week holiday. She's taking the next six months off studies and working - she's currently hooked up with a job at City Beach so that keeps her busy. I have my last exam tomorrow and then I'm going to look for a j.o.b. I live in New Market - five minute walk from all the shops ...i have a couple of options...bakers delight? coles? and a number of more hip joints...i have to keep my eyes out on the look...

    ReplyDelete

Do you agree, disagree or want to rant?

Then leave a comment!