Monday 25 June 2007

I forgot that i might see so many beautiful things

I cooked my own breakfast this morning! I can't remember the last time I cooked a decent meal. It's not actually the traditional, egg benedict, toast and bacon this morning but this morning I've decided to test my agility in the kitchen by frying some kebabs , tossing a rocket salad (avocado, tomatoes, balsamic dressing) that I grabbed from Zone Fresh, New Market yesterday afternoon. I wish I could take a picture and post it here but I screwed up my memory card while holidaying in Vanuatu a couple of months ago. Pictures from that holiday too can no longer be retrieved. :(

Anyways, its raining here in Brisbane. Temperature unknown. I'm being a silent observer this morning. Despite the occassional interruption of birds whistling and 'Beautiful things' by Tiesto playing, I'm enjoying the beauty and serenity of being especially lucky to sit upstairs on the balcony. There are trees, mostly palm trees that cacoon the balcony. It's really pretty to look out - very calming especially when its the first thing you wake up to the morning. There are so many tall palms here and a number of birds usually visit them - to do what, I don't know (?). The birds are being especially noisy this morning (some kinky mating ritual I suppose), but I'd rather wake up to wildlife then to the sound of trains or worse - AN ALARM CLOCK! Thank God, I didn't set mine this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, disagree or want to rant?

Then leave a comment!